Image source : Wikipedia
While details of palaces and castles of kings and queens filled in pages of history books have captured our imagination as children, mansions of today’s states of head are no less awe-inspiring. Whether it’s the Rashtrapati Bhavan, Élysée Palace or the Buckingham palace– each one continues to attract thousands of visitors each day. Among this list, the house of the world’s most powerful leader is perhaps the most spoken and discussed about mansion. Every president of the United States of America since John Adams has occupied the White House, and the history of this building extends far beyond the construction of its walls. From the Ground Floor Corridor rooms, transformed from their early use as service areas, to the State Floor rooms, where countless leaders and dignitaries have been entertained, the White House is both the home of the President of the United States his family and a museum of American history.
The White House is a place where history continues to unfold. Here’s some interesting facts about The White House.
1) There are 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, and 6 levels to accommodate all the people who live in, work in, and visit the White House. There are also 412 doors, 147 windows, 28 fireplaces, 8staircases, and 3 elevators.
2) The White House has six floors—two basements, two public floors, and two floors for the First Family.
3) At various times in history, the White House has been known as the “President’s Palace,” the “President’s House,” and the “Executive Mansion.” President Theodore Roosevelt officially gave the White House its current name in 1901.
Image source : huffingtonpost.com
4) The White House receives approximately 6,000 visitors a day.
5) With five full-time chefs, the White House kitchen is able to serve dinner to as many as 140 guests and hors d’oeuvres(a small savoury dish, typically served as an appetizer.) to more than 1,000.
6) The White House requires 570 gallons of paint to cover its outside surface.
7) For recreation, the White House has a variety of facilities available to its residents, including a tennis court, a jogging track, a swimming pool, a movie theatre, a billiard room, and a bowling lane.
Well that’s not all. Equally interesting is the estimated worth of the White House. Real estate major Zillow has published one of its Zestimates, saying that the 16-bedroom, 35-bathroom single-family home located at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. would be worth about $319 million on the open market. The White house is indeed one of most expensive homes around the world.
Are you renting a home for the first time ? Here’s a 7 point Checklist for you to follow to choose the right home!